The Annual and Special Meeting of shareholders and participating policyholders of The Empire Life Insurance Company (Company) was held at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel, 123 Queen Street West, 2nd Floor, Toronto, Ontario, on Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 3:00 p.m. for these purposes:
- to receive and consider the financial statements for the year ended December 31, 2015 and the auditors’ report on those financial statements;
- to consider and, if thought advisable, to confirm by special resolution, a resolution of the board of directors amending sections 3.01 and 8.01 of the Company’s amended and restated by-law to fix the number of directors at 10, being six shareholders’ directors and four policyholders’ directors;
- to elect policyholders’ directors and shareholders’ directors;
- to reappoint PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as auditors and to authorize the directors to fix their remuneration; and
- to transact other business as may properly come before the meeting.