Empire Life Facts and Financials
We serve more than:
- 435,140 individual customers
- 7,240 group employer customers, with 156,980 group life and health plan members
- 815 group retirement plans
We have more than:
- 900 employees across Canada
- 630 employees at our corporate head office in Kingston, Ontario
- 29,880 partnerships with professional financial advisors, brokers, managing general agents, group producers and mutual fund dealers
Here are our financials as of December 31, 2014:
|Total assets including general and segregated funds:||$13.7 billion|
|Net premium revenues from external customers:||$867 million|
|Total investment income:||$246 million|
|Total revenue:||$1.9 billion
|Policy dividends:||$24 million|
|Net benefits and claims:||$645 million|
Strength of our capital base (MCCSR)
197% as at December 31, 2014
What is an MCCSR ratio?
A Minimum Continuing Capital and Surplus Requirements (MCCSR) ratio of 100% means that a company has adequate capital to meet obligations to its policyholders. The Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI) requires life insurance companies to maintain an MCCSR ratio of at least 120% and expects them to have a target ratio of at least 150%.
Our quarterly Financial Update gives you a financial snapshot and current overview of Empire Life.
Interim Financial Statements
Read our 2014 Annual Report for more detailed financial information about Empire Life.