Travel Emergency Assistance ProgramRead More Close
Illness, injury and other personal emergencies while travelling aren't planned - they just happen. Getting proper medical attention can be difficult when you are not familiar with your surroundings. Not being able to speak the language can compound the problem. Our Travel Emergency Assistance Program, delivered by Allianz Global Assistance (formerly Mondial Assistance Canada), can help.
Is the Travel Emergency Assistance Program for you?
The Travel Emergency Assistance Program is automatically included as part of our Extended Health Benefits. It may be a great solution for you if:
- You are a small to medium-sized business looking for innovation in plan features and options that fit your budget
- You want assurance that your employees will be well taken care of and supported when travelling out of province
- Your business is on the move and you need a competitive benefits package to attract and retain talented employees.
How the Travel Emergency Assistance Program works
The Travel Emergency Assistance Program is included as part of our Extended Health Benefits. It provides emergency healthcare and assistance for travel of up to 60 continuous days.
Key features and benefits
- Medical assistance, to help locate an appropriate provider or facility in the event of a medical emergency, or to monitor care should an employee or dependant be hospitalized
- Medical transportation, to arrange transport to the nearest appropriate facility or to Canada for treatment, if necessary
- Family benefits, to arrange for the safe return home of unattended dependants in the event an employee is hospitalized. Family benefits also pay for a family member to visit an employee who is hospitalized while away from home
- Financial benefits to cover unexpected costs. This can include onsite payment of hospital fees, and the return of a vehicle to point of departure or to the rental agency.
Get Empire Life Travel Emergency Assistance program working for you
To learn more about how the Travel Emergency Assistance Program can help you offer protection for your employees while travelling, please contact your group benefits advisor.