Voyageur Global Benefits
Each year, Canadian organizations like yours reap the rewards of doing business beyond Canada’s borders. Empire Life can help, by providing benefits for expatriate employees who work abroad. Voyageur Global Benefitstm offers you a comprehensive range of high quality expatriate benefits, administered by MetLife Expatriate Benefits with access to their extensive, well-managed global network.
Voyageur Global Benefits is flexible, so you can tailor benefits to meet the needs of your employees and your business. You can count on employees having access to:
- Local experts who understand the healthcare system where they are posted and who make it easier to receive and pay for care.
- Professionals in more than 40 countries who have knowledge of country regulations, local customs and language barriers.
- One of the largest global medical networks, with nearly 1.1 million providers carefully selected and managed, to serve employees like yours.
Are Voyageur Global Benefits for you?1
Voyageur Global Benefits may be the best solution for you if you want competitive benefits for:
- Expatriates (Canada-based employees on temporary assignment outside Canada for 6+ months)
- Inpatriates (Non-Canada-based employees working on temporary assignment in Canada)
- Rotators (Employees on assignments that alternate between Canada and a foreign work location for specified periods of time)
- Third-country nationals (Non-Canada-based employees sent on temporary work assignments to countries other than Canada)
- Key local nationals (in certain countries) (Key foreign employees working in their home country for a multinational company)
- Short-term business travelers (Employees on a business assignment outside of Canada for typically under 180 days)
Voyageur Global Benefits will be available in Quebec at a later date.
How Voyageur Global Benefits work
For groups with at least two expat employees, you will have a specialized implementation coordinator to ensure your program gets off to a smooth start and is set up to fit your needs. Once your program is in place, you will have a Global Account Manager as your single point of contact, for ongoing support.
Key features and benefits
There’s lots of flexibility to customize an expatriate benefit program to fit your employees and your business. With Voyageur Global Benefits you can select one, some, or all of the program’s suite of benefits based on your needs and budget. The program offers:
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
- Emergency Medical Assistance2
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)3
- Wellness Tools & Resources5
- Basic Life
- Supplemental Life
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Long Term Disability (LTD)
Get Voyageur Global Benefits working for you
To learn more about how Voyageur Global Benefits can make a world of difference for your international employees, please contact your group benefits advisor.
Voyageur Global Benefits is a Canadian group insurance benefit program that is governed by the laws of Canada and that is underwritten by The Empire Life Insurance Company (Empire Life), an insurance company domiciled at 259 King Street East, Kingston, ON K7L 3A8. Empire Life is the Canadian insurance company that provides the benefits under the insurance policies it issues. Voyageur Global Benefits is administered by Delaware American Life Insurance Company (MetLife Expatriate Benefits), a MetLife, Inc., affiliate domiciled at 600 North King Street, Wilmington, DE 19801, U.S.A., and MetLife Expatriate Benefits has agreed to provide administration services to Empire Life with regard to Voyageur Global Benefits