Critical Illness Insurance
Critical illness insurance is a form of health insurance protection that provides a lump sum benefit if you are diagnosed with a serious illness or condition covered by your insurance policy*.
Illnesses such as Cancer, Heart Attack or Stroke can have an impact on you, your family or your business on an emotional and financial level. Critical illness coverage by Empire Life provides a lump sum payment, tax-free, if you are diagnosed with a covered condition*. This payment can help you pay for the treatment you need and cover expenses if you are unable to work.
Empire Life offers two critical illness insurance products:
Empire Life CI Protect - A simple, affordable solution for critical illness protection
- Easy to understand product that covers four of the most common critical conditions that account for 84%** of the paid CI claims
- Competitive premium rates make applying for this critical illness protection at the same time as you apply for life insurance very affordable
- Built-in $1,000 death benefit payable if you die from any cause before becoming eligible for the critical illness benefit
Empire Life CI Protect Plus – A simple, affordable solution for critical illness protection
- Comprehensive coverage with 25 critical conditions.
- Option to add a Return of Premium benefit rider
- Includes three built-in benefits at no additional cost
* Subject to the terms of your insurance contract
** Munich Re 2016 Individual Insurance Survey.