Guaranteed Interest Contract (GIC)
Flexibility and choice with valuable benefits
Empire Life GICs can help you meet your short and long-term goals, and offer valuable insurance benefits.
Are Empire Life GICs for you?
Whether you’re saving for a short or long-term goal, want security of principal, predictable and guaranteed interest growth, or are looking to diversify your portfolio, Empire Life GICs have what you need.
How GICs work
Empire Life GICs offer a variety of interest options and investment terms to choose from, to help you reach your goals. Available in registered1 and non-registered policies, all our GICs are cashable, giving you flexibility to access your money when needed.
And because our GICs are insurance contracts, they provide you with valuable estate planning and tax benefits.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Your principal is fully guaranteed
- Compound, Simple and Daily Interest Options
- Variety of term options – 30, 90, 180 days, 1 to 10 year terms or 3 and 5 year laddered terms
- Enhanced interest rates based on your total policy value
- Valuable estate planning benefits and tax advantages
- Potential creditor protection
- Investment protection through Assuris2
Get Empire Life GICs working for you. Contact your advisor for more information.
1 Simple Interest Option is not available on Income Plans.
2 If a company fails, the policy would be transferred to another solvent company for ongoing administration and the promised guaranteed amounts are protected by Assuris up to their limits. Full details on Assuris protection, including limits and restrictions can be found on their web site at www.assuris.ca