The Annual and Special Meeting of the shareholders and participating policyholders of The Empire Life Insurance Company (Company) will be held at Vantage Venues, 150 King Street West, 27th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, on Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 3:00 p.m., Eastern Time, for the following purposes:
- To receive and consider the consolidated financial statements of the Company for the year ended December 31, 2018 together with the report of the auditors thereon;
- To consider and, if thought advisable, to confirm by special resolution, the Resolution of the Board of Directors passed February 27, 2019, amending sections 3.04 and 8.01 of the Company’s amended and restated by-law to, among other things, increase the maximum aggregate annual director remuneration from $1 million to $2 million;
- To elect Shareholders’ Directors and Policyholders’ Directors;
- To reappoint PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as auditors and to authorize the directors to fix the auditors’ remuneration; and
- To transact such further or other business as may properly come before the meeting (or any postponement or adjournment thereof).
Annual Meeting Materials