Our ASO Split-Funded Plan provides you with the opportunity to self-insure a portion of your Extended Health and Dental Benefits. Empire Life will provide claims and administration services for the self-insured portion of your plan and insure the remainder of the benefits.
Is ASO for you?
ASO may be the best solution for you if:
- You are comfortable with your expenses fluctuating from quarter to quarter, in line with employee claims
- You believe a certain degree of risk is worth the potential for cost-savings in insurance premium
How ASO works
Available to businesses with 20 employees or more, you may elect to self-insure:
- All Extended Health and Dental Benefits except Emergency Travel Assistance; and/or
- Drugs only; or
- Incidental Health Expense claims only
If you choose the ASO route, we will send you a monthly bill outlining the breakdown of costs-both self-insured and insured. Reconciliation of premiums paid to actual claims incurred occurs quarterly and upon renewal.
Key features and benefits
- An opportunity to spend less on employee benefits by assuming some of the risk yourself
- Flexibility to select the benefits you wish to self-insure
- Stop-loss protection to limit the degree of risk you are assuming
- Our ASO plan is all-inclusive. We do not charge extra for printing booklets and supplies
Get Empire Life ASO working for you
To learn more about how our ASO can help you select a funding option that works with your budget, please contact your group benefits advisor.