Life can be unpredictable and you can't plan for everything. Cost Plus gives you the option to pay for an employee's unforeseen medical costs not covered under your plan.
Is Cost Plus for you?
Cost Plus may be the best solution for you if:
- You are a small to medium-sized business looking for innovation in plan features and options that fit your budget
- You want to be able to pay for unforeseen employee medical expenses, should the need arise
- Your business is on the move and you need a competitive benefits package to attract and retain talented employees
How Cost Plus works
Cost Plus gives you a way to pay for certain medical expenses not covered by your insured plan. To experience the convenience and flexibility this benefit delivers, choose Cost Plus when you apply for benefits with Empire Life, or at renewal. It's automatically included if you sign up for 20Plus. The Cost Plus agreement will be attached to your contract.
If you wish to reimburse an employee for an expense not covered under the plan, you send us a cheque in the appropriate amount and we pay the employee. The cost of eligible expenses, per Canada Revenue guidelines, are fully tax deductible.
Key features and benefits
- Flexibility to respond compassionately to extraordinary medical needs
- Simple and affordable administration
Get Empire Life Cost Plus working for you
To learn more about how Cost Plus can help you manage plan costs and provide flexibility in coverage when you choose it, please contact your group benefits advisor.