You've Got Questions?
We've got answers
Most Canadians agree that life insurance is important and that they want to provide income protection for their loved ones in case the unexpected happens. Unfortunately, best intentions haven’t translated into action as 65% of Canadians indicate that they either have too little or no life insurance coverage†.
The following resources are provided to help answer common questions that consumers have about life insurance. We encourage you to watch a video, read a blog post and find an advisor to connect with who can answer additional questions about your specific financial planning needs and recommend the best solutions to meet those needs.
†Source: LIMRA: Canadians at Financial Risk, 2013
In this Consent, "Empire Life" means The Empire Life Insurance Company and "Personal Information" means your contact information and any other personal information you provide to Empire Life so an insurance advisor can help you with your life insurance needs.
By clicking "I agree" you are indicating you understand and agree with all of the following statements:
- I consent to Empire Life sharing my Personal Information with the advisor I select or, if I agree, with an advisor selected by Empire Life (the “selected advisor”) so he or she can contact me by email or telephone to help me with my life insurance needs;
- I consent to my Personal Information being sent to the Advisor by encrypted email;
I consent to Empire Life contacting me by email or telephone for the following reasons:
- to provide technical assistance;
- to clarify the assistance I require;
- to help me connect with an advisor if I do not select one or if the advisor I select is not available to contact me;
- to determine if the selected advisor has contacted me, arranged to meet with me and the results of any meeting with the selected advisor; and
- to provide me with information regarding Empire Life insurance products and services that might be of interest to me.
- I consent to the selected advisor telling Empire Life if he or she has contacted me, arranged to meet with me and the results of any meeting with me;
- I consent to my Personal Information being processed and stored outside Canada by third parties engaged by Empire Life;
- I understand I can withdraw the consents set out above at any time by notifying Empire Life in writing; and
- I also understand that I may withdraw my consent to communicate by email at any time by sending my request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-866-330-0554
Note: The Advisor is authorized to sell Empire Life products, but the Advisor works independently and is not an employee, partner, or legal representative of Empire Life. Empire Life is not responsible for the Advisor’s acts or omissions.
Did You Know?
On a monthly basis, life insurance can cost less than a cup of coffee?
$84/month for coffee1 vs.
$11.70/month for life insurance2
Based on a cup of coffee at $2.45, purchased 31 days per month.
Initial monthly cost for a healthy, 30 year old female, non-smoker purchasing $250,000 of Empire Life Simplified 10 term life insurance as of January 31, 2023. Premiums increase every 10 years.