- We serve more than:
- 445,000 individual customers
- 7,300 group employer customers with over 160,000 group life and health plan members
- 800 group retirement plans
We have more than:
- 820 employees across Canada
- 630 employees at our corporate head office in Kingston, Ontario
- 29,000 partnerships with professional financial advisors, brokers, managing general agents, group producers and mutual fund dealers
Here are our financials as of December 31, 2016:
|Total assets including general and segregated funds:||$16 billion|
|Net premium revenue from external customers:||$1.1 billion|
|Total investment income:||$225 million|
|Total revenue:||$1.4 billion|
|Policy dividends:||$29 million|
|Net benefits and claims:||$593 million|
Strength of our capital base (MCCSR)
258% as of March 31, 2017
What is an MCCSR ratio?
A Minimum Continuing Capital and Surplus Requirements (MCCSR) ratio of 100% means that a company has adequate capital to meet obligations to its policyholders. The Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI) requires life insurance companies to maintain an MCCSR ratio of at least 120% and expects them to have a target ratio of at least 150%.
Empire Life is a member of Assuris. Assuris is the not for profit organization that protects Canadian policyholders in the event their life insurance company fails. Details about Assuris’ protection are available at www.assuris.ca or by calling the Assuris Information Centre at 1-866-878-1225.