How Class Plus 3.0 works
When you invest in Class Plus 3.0, you are guaranteed to receive a predictable monthly income2 for as long as you live. It is protected from market downturns and it will continue even if the value of your investment goes to zero.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Start receiving an income as early as age 55
- 4% annual Income Base Bonus3
- With annual Automatic Income Resets,4 your income may be bumped up
- Competitive management fees and insurance fees
- Enjoy valuable insurance benefit guarantees with 75% Death Benefit and Maturity Benefit Guarantees5
- Death Benefit Guarantee6 and Income Base are automatically reset every 3 years to lock-in any market gains
- Discontinue your income payments and then resume at any time with our Retirement Income Privileges7
- Available in non-registered, RRSP, TFSA and RRIF contracts
- Potential for higher growth with up to 80% equity exposure
- Our Excess Withdrawal Alert service safeguards your income
Get Empire Life Class Plus 3.0 working for you
If you would like to find out more about Empire Life Class Plus 3.0, talk to your advisor.
1 LIMRA Secure Retirement Institute Ready, Set, Retire? Not So Fast! … Revisited 2014.
2 Making an Excess Withdrawal may decrease the guaranteed retirement income for life amount.
3 Income Base Bonus is a notional amount added to the Income Base at the end of each calendar year, for the first 20 years of the contract, if no withdrawals are made for that year.
4 Increasing LWA rates between ages 55 to 80, and level thereafter. Calculated based on the current Income Base and the applicable LWA percentage that corresponds to the Annuitant’s age as of December 31st of the following calendar year.
5 Adjusted proportionally for withdrawals.
6 Up to and including Annuitant’s 80th birthday.
7 Retirement Income Privileges not available in RRIF or LIF plans where you must take at least the minimum amount as prescribed by the Income Tax Act.
A description of the key features of the individual variable insurance contract is contained in the Information Folder for the product being considered. Any amount that is allocated to a Segregated Fund is invested at the risk of the contract owner and may increase or decrease in value.