A Canada Post strike could begin as early as October 22, 2018. Here is how we will handle any service disruption.
Submitting Health and Dental Claims
- eClaims - Plan members can submit claims* by eClaims on the Plan Member website at pmw.empire.ca
- Fax - Plan members can fax completed claim forms and receipts* to Group Health Claims at 1-855-619-0828, or 613-548-8754
* retain all original receipts for future reference
Health & Dental Claim Payments
Sign up for EFT Direct Deposit and Electronic Explanation of Benefits (eEOB)
In order to receive claim payments during any postal disruption, you can sign up for EFT Direct Deposit of claim payments and eEOB at pmw.empire.ca. If you do not elect to use EFT and eEOB, cheques will be mailed on the day the postal disruption ends.
- If you are not registered to use the plan member website, you can register at pmw.empire.ca and follow the simple instructions.
- You can also fax a request for EFT Direct Deposit and eEOB to 1-855-619-0828. Include your email address, a VOID cheque, (embossed with your name) and include the Group and Certificate numbers on the void cheque.
Life, Weekly Indemnity (Short Term Disability) & Long Term Disability (LTD) Claims
- Email email@example.com
- By courier - send forms and documentation to our Group Life and Disability department. If you have not registered for EFT Direct Deposit, claim/benefit payments will be sent by courier.
- By fax - send completed claim forms and other documentation to Life & Disability Claims at 1-855-430-9455 or 613-548-8402.
Insurance and investment customers
- We will courier all claim cheques and cheques greater than $50,000. All other cheques will be mailed as soon as service resumes.
Premiums still need to be paid on time, even during a postal strike. Payments can be made through online banking by adding ‘Empire – Individual’ as a payee and including your policy number (e.g. 001234567L), or our Customer Service team can set you up on an Automatic Premium Payment plan. Call us at 1 877 548-1881.